Fillmore Real Estate
• Fillmore is a small town in the Santa Clara River Valley within Ventura County’s agricultural area.
• The population as of 2013 was just over 15,000 with an area of 3.4 square miles.
• Fillmore’s motto is “the Last, Best Small Town”.
• Fillmore was incorporated in 1914 and has a historic downtown that was established in 1887 when Southern Pacific built the railroad through the valley.
• The average monthly temperatures are in the low 70’s with a warm-summer Mediterranean climate.
• Farming and agriculture are big aspects of Fillmore’s economy; especially citrus (oranges, lemons) and avocados.
• Fillmore is home to the Fillmore Western Railway Company with great scenic excursions, Bennett’s Honey Farm, a fish hatchery, historical museums and parks, wineries, a theatre, as well as many unique shops and businesses.
• Fillmore Unified School District is home of five elementary schools, one middle school (the first in CA to offer skateboarding in its PE program), and one high school.