Moorpark Real Estate
• Moorpark was founded in 1900 when the application for the Moorpark Post Office was granted; it was incorporated as a city in 1983.
• A great amount of growth has taken place since the late 1970’s with a population of over 34,000 in 2010.
• Moorpark lies in a valley created by the Arroyo Simi river with a total area of 12.8 square miles.
• It is believed that Moorpark is named after the Moorpark Apricot which used to grow locally.
• Moorpark College opened in 1967 and is one of the few colleges with an Exotic Animal Training and Management Program.
• Old Town Moorpark is the historic center of the city surrounding High Street which also features the High Street Arts Center, a variety of restaurants and businesses, along with various events to enjoy throughout the city.
• The city is serviced by Amtrak, Metrolink, and a mass transit bus system, better known as Moorpark City Transit.
• The subtropical-mediterranean climate keeps most of the year at an average mild temperature in the high 60’s and low 70’s, jumping up to high 80’s during the summer months.
• The Moorpark Country Club is a beautiful location and a popular destination for many things, such as golf and various special events.