Somis Real Estate
• Somis was established in 1892 and is an unincorporated community in Las Posas Valley in Ventura County.
• The population as of 2014 was under 4,000 and is said to have one of the lowest crime rates and be among the safest areas in the country.
• The weather is typically warm with dry summers and an average temperature in the low 70’s.
• The Somis Union School District, established in 1898, is known for providing a great sense of community for a town surrounded by rural agriculture. The Somis Elementary School serves K-8 and supervises the Somis Academy Charter School serving students in K-12, as well as many homeschooling programs.
• Somis Road, the main drag through this rural, agricultural land, is lined with select businesses, a hardware store, market, post office, a county fire station and other great shops.
• It is said, many artists, designers and people in the media reside in Somis because of its small town quiet living.