Ventura Real Estate
• Ventura, officially the City of San Buenaventura, was incorporated in 1866.
• The estimated population in 2010 was over 106,000 and has a total area of 32.1 square miles.
• Ventura’s average temperatures range from the cool 50’s in the winter to the mid 70’s during summer months.
• The Chumash were the original inhabitants of the area. In 1769, the Spanish Portola expedition was the first recorded European visitors to the area.
• In 1782, Junipero Serra, the first leader of the Franciscans in California founded the well-known Mission San Buenaventura.
• Ventura has five well known college campuses; Ventura Community College, Ventura College of Law (a non-profit law school that was founded in 1969), Southern California Institute of Law, Santa Barbara Business College and Brooks Institute of Photography.
• There are plenty of scenic and fun destinations in Ventura to choose from. Downtown Ventura has a wonderful main street that is lined with restaurants, bars, shopping, theater, museums, and galleries.
• Ventura Pier, beach areas and the harbor are favorites for their mild weather. With boat rentals for a leisurely tour around the harbor, daily excursions out to the Channel Islands, great restaurants and plenty of shopping, you just can’t go wrong.
• Ventura also has landmark theaters, comedy clubs, film festivals, parks, fairgrounds and Olivas Adobe, used today as a museum and performing arts center.