Westlake Village Real Estate
• Westlake Village is a planned community that straddles both the Ventura and LA county lines.
• In 2014, the population was estimated at just under 8,500.
• In 1968 and 1972, approximately two-thirds of Westlake was annexed in two portions by the city of Thousand Oaks. The remaining third was incorporated as the City of Westlake Village in 1981.
• It is said that just about 3,000 years ago, Chumash Indians lived here and were gatherers of grains and acorns and hunters of rabbit and other game.
• In 1770, the first Europeans arrived as explorers and missionaries traveling thru the area. Then in later days, Spanish travelers used what’s now the 101 Freeway as part of El Camino Real.
• Westlake Village is surrounded by vast open space, not only for a beautiful view but also to enjoy for hiking, horseback riding and so much more.
• The climate is typically mild, ranging from the mid 70’s to mid 80’s with a coastal breeze seeping through the canyons.
• Westlake Village is headquarters to many large companies such as Dole Food Company, JAFRA Cosmetics, J.D. Power, K-Swiss and many more.
• Westlake Village is known for its luxury hotels (ie: Four Seasons), a beautiful lake, several golf courses and country clubs as well as plenty of wonderful restaurants and shopping within the city as well as surrounding areas.